In continued efforts to show that Facebook isn’t a useless land of Olds, Selfies, and Engagement Announcements, here is the Web Weekly, taken directly from recommendations from my friends from the FB.
1) It takes a special kind of delusion to think that after hundreds (thousands) of years of active racism, the perpetrators have harder lives than the victims. And yet.
2) Here’s a puppet to tell you how annoying you are whenever you’re a tourist. Don’t worry, it’s also HYSTERICAL.
3) How does structural racism play a role in our confused belief in ‘pure’ capitalism in the US?
4) Imma just leave this here: “Non-standard English is linguistically the equal of the standard version – in fact, dialects tend to be more sophisticated grammatically than standard.”
5) Amazing TED talk on the power of time off.
6) Trans is an adjective. Not a noun. Two amazing guests tell Katie Couric what’s up.
7) We all know weather in the US has been a pain in the arse (well not in SF, but why gloat?). Find some beauty in the cold:
8) An incredibly intriguing story of those who stole shady secrets from the FBI.
9) My girl-crush Rachel Maddow has been on the fore of breaking the details of the Chris Christie scandal (how’d you ever trust a dude with two first names in the first place??). Now, she’s got even more deets!
10) Finally, RDJ will sing us out. Yes he sings. Yes, it’s ok to swoon.