Find the top ten things you need to see on the web each week, right here! Click here to subscribe.
1) 3-D printing is everywhere. What’s next? Perhaps the next generation of designer casts!
2) Black American fathers are more engaged in the everyday lives of their children than any other fathers. DO YOU NEED ME TO REPEAT THAT?
3) Actor Jessie Williams channels his radical turn in ‘The Butler’ by speaking up about the Dunn murder trial and the disturbing trend it highlights. It’s open season on Black People.
4) Policeman says: “The way Mr. Beatty carried the beverage appeared suspicious.” Policeman means: “He was carrying it in his brown hand.” For the record … “It?” was an iced tea. Arrested for an iced tea.
5) Eartha Kitt laughs in the face of compromising for love. Literally. This interview is awe-inspiring and everything. “I love fall in love with myself, and I want someone to share it with me.”
6) A Texan lambasts folks who balk at All American Defensive End Michael Sam’s admission that he’s gay. Three cheers for Dale Hansen
6.2) Said Michael Sam dancing shirtless. For science, folks. For science.
7) I usually find the “Lean In” movement quite eye roll inducing. Their answer to corporate gender inequality seems to be ‘act more like a man and already have a lot of money and privilege.’ Oh. Ok. Anyways, this recent effort in changing the face of women in stock photos is actually pretty interesting.
8) Ellen Page comes out. It’s brave, but I can’t wait until it’s unremarkable.
9) The Google Doodle for Valentines day featured a series of mini love stories in conjunction with This American Life. Lovely even for the stone hearted among us.
10) This racism is killing me inside. Literally. Black Men age faster due to the prolonged effects of racism.