1) I guess we’ll keep saying this until folks believe it. Depression and addiction are diseases. Treat them like that.
2) Love is great. Let’s celebrate the best marriage proposals of 2013!
3) “Think Positive Thoughts” isn’t just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. It can actually change your molecular biology. Because science.
4) Programs like Teach For America can exacerbate existing racial tensions and disparities among both teachers and students:
5) The next time someone asks you to show them all the new dances, you can tell them Dara said ::blank stare::
6) Mass school closures across the country disproportionately affect children of color.
7) A year wrap-up that’s just my speed: It’s on my favorite topic- Cultural Appropriation. Hooray!
8) The failures of no child left behind has a material impact on our country. It keeps us stupid, and the powerful in power.
9) Turns out threatening to do poorly by your employees is not a good business decision. In your face!
10) Mapping emotions: Turns out love really does make you feel warm all over. D’awww.