Where are Black folks supposed to be? In a yoga class? Nope. Accepting awards at the Grammys? Apparently not. On camera after a sporting event? Only if you’re demure…
Well this is just getting bewildering.
1) Post-Grammys: Macklemore is a ho bag (He said it, not me)
2) Macklemore’s false magnanimity is fooling no one. Watch a true artist do it.
3) It’s not just the artist though- It’s the institution. Check out these other folks who were ‘robbed.’
4) Pobrecita White lady is uncomfortable when a Black lady joins her yoga class. Side-eyeing Black lady has words.
5) Here’s more intellectual shade for Yoga-Lady. We’re here for it.
6) Some fool called Beyoncé a whore. A meditation on Black bodies as viewed from the mountaintop of white privilege.
7) SUPERBOWL WINNING CORNER Richard Sherman in his own words on what he’s learned from the now infamous post-game interview.
8) College football players planning on unionizing. About time these kids got some protection from the powers that be that are making bucket loads of money off of them.
9) Black girls get to be joyful and quirky and weird and nuanced and unconventional just like everyone else. Reading this was like stumbling on my missing family.
10) And now for something completely different: This voice. Is everything.
Find all web weekly’s here.